Thursday, September 8, 2011

Revival in Our Time

Revival has been a buzz word in our circles these days. Everybody talks about how they want revival. My roommates and I were talking last night about revival and wandering why God doesn't pour out His Spirit like he did in the days of Jonathon Edwards, D.L. Moody, and Billy Sunday. We didn't figure out anything incredibly groundbreaking (we are only college students after all), but we were reminded of a simple fact, "If my people, which are called by my name will humble themselves..." In these modern times, we are far too self-reliant. We will pray and ask God for help when someone has cancer or we are going through financial struggles but when was the last time we asked God to provide for our simple needs such as allowing us to live another day or providing us with food. One of my roommates said last night, "I am convinced that we will not see revival until we are willing to humble ourselves enough to believe that we can't get out of bed in the morning without God's help." I do not think this is far from the truth. Again, nothing profound, but something that challenged my heart last night. Let's pray for revival, but let's not rely on our technology, or music, or even fiery preaching, let's pray for the pouring down of God's Spirit on our land.

No comments:

Post a Comment