Sunday, September 4, 2011

Giving Glory to God

This is my first semester at West Coast Baptist College as a room leader. Despite the fact that I am anxiously awaiting my wedding in 118 days, I am sincerely excited about leading these guys in the time I have. I gave a devotion this Tuesday with a challenge for the semester from 1st Cor. 10:31, "Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." This is my life verse and it has challenged me in many ways in my life. Me and the guys talked about room cleanliness and how it either glorifies God or disglorifies (unglorifies, whatever the word is, I have no clue) God. The question I am challenging my room and myself to ask is this, "Is what I am doing right now glorifying God?" It doesn't have to be a spiritual thing like reading your Bible or going soulwinning. It can be something as simple as how clean your room is or how well you listen in class or even the way in which we eat and drink. Let me ask you: Are you glorifying God with your actions?
The times of Christians blending in with the world must end. Glorifying God in every aspect of our lives will require us to be a little (more like a whole lot!) different from the world. Let us strive to be Distinct Christians by glorifying our Saviour. Because if we don't decide to be distinct we will soon be extinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment